There is always lots happening in the Co-op and we keep busy as is also evident by the amount of work being done by members & staff around the property.
The Zoom general meeting was an overwhelming success by all the feedback we received. 85 + members signed in either through your computer or telephone. Thanks to those members who called and messaged to say that they really enjoyed the format, the information and everything that we were able to share.
Effective June 1, 2021, the housing charge will change. Please issue new cheques, effective June 1 and add the updated amount for your last month’s deposit.
2 bedroom is $883.00 plus add $9.00 to update your last month’s update;
3 bedroom is $983.00 plus add $10.00 to update your last month’s update;
4 bedroom is $1,084.00 plus add $11.00 to update your last month’s update.
DRAINS – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It is very important that you know what you can and cannot put down your drains and toilets.
NO oil, NO melted butter, NO bacon fat, NO leftovers, NO food down the kitchen drain. This cannot be stressed enough. After you cook and drain the grease into a jar or container for the garbage, wipe the pan clean with paper towel.
NOTHING down a toilet except human waste and toilet paper. NO tampons, NO flushable wipes (because they are not flushable), NO Kleenex, No sanitary pads, NO left over food.
The importance of you making sure to follow the ‘rules’ of the drains cannot be stressed enough. We have had a number of drain back up’s in the past year. Believe me, you don’t want this to happen to you.
You may recall that at the September GM you approved money to have sewer clean outs installed throughout the property. We will be moving forward with this work and will update you.
FURNACE & air conditioning cleaning is being paused at this time. We will carry on when the ‘stay at home’ order is lifted.
** BE AWARE – a 6’ tall, skinny, grey hair, homeless man is in the neighbourhood flashing women. Call 911 if you see him.
CLEAN UP AND BIN
While there will be no official clean up this spring, everyone is needed to get out and clean up. Please clean up the common/park areas; clean up your front and back yards; sweep the street gutters; sweep and clean up visitor parking. Take a look around. Does it need to be picked up or cleaned? Please do it.
Yard waste bags are available in the office laundry room.
BIG GARBAGE BIN – we have ordered a waste bin for Thursday, April 15, 2021 and it will be removed on the Monday. The bin will be located at the bottom of 235.
You can clean out items you need to and put them in the bin.
METAL (such as bikes, bbq’s, metal stands, etc) should be placed on the side of the bin – NOT inside the bin.
NO recyclable materials in the bin (such as bottles, boxes, etc.) .
NO building materials.
NO hazardous waste materials at all.
NO oil, gas nor propane tanks.
Thank you for keeping the bin area clean and following the guidelines above. Please remember that the area is on video in case there are any concerns.
A few items to bring to your attention:
- Speed of driving in the Co-op. It has been noted that members, delivery services and others are often driving too fast on the cul-de-sacs. Please slow down. Please tell those who deliver to you, to slow down.
- Thanks to Kenny, Shaun and Gary who updated the basketball court at 245. It gives the children a refreshed place to safely play.
- Visitor parking – Residents are not allowed to use parking passes. Please remove them from your vehicle.
- A/C cover found in #51’s back yard. If it belongs to you, please see Chantelle.
- Garbage bins – there are areas that your neighbours sit outside and it ends of being beside your garbage bin. Please be considerate. Put the bins in your garage or at least, wash them out regularly.
- This is a good time to start and clean up your back yard. Get rid of garbage, broken furniture, and generally clean up. Many members are home and enjoying their yards. Do your bit to clean up your yard.
- Stay at home order by the Province of Ontario needs to be heeded. This is what the government says “prohibit events and social gatherings of more than five people”.
- Deborah and Archie are available when you need us. Simply call the office or e-mail email@example.com We are available as you need us. Archie will be doing emergency work in houses only. He will be working on the grounds, painting the office, arranging for various projects we have planned and doing emergency work orders. Fertilizing of the property was done today by Archie as rain is in the forecast.
- Please pay your garbage bin bill if you have not yet done so. You can e-transfer the money – firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Toronto high priority areas are those with the postal codes starting with: M1B, M1C, M1E, (among others) will be able to get a Covid shot soon. The details of when people will be able to book vaccines isn’t clear, but Dr. Bogoch says the vaccine will be brought to communities via mobile teams. As I hear more, I will pass the info on to you.