(last updated April 9, 2019)
|UNIT TYPE||Waiting List Status||Rate|
Each townhouse has:
- garage and driveway to park second car
- unfinished recreation room
- gas forced-air furnace, individually metered to help members regulate their own energy consumption
- laundry tub and hook-ups for washer and dryer in each basement
- separate dining room
- stove and fridge
- vanities in bathroom
- spacious kitchen with breakfast area
- sliding glass door access to patio and back garden
- oak parquet flooring in living, dining, hallway and bedrooms
- vinyl tile in kitchen, bathrooms and front entranceway
- visitor parking
- VIP cable (3 cable boxes),
- Rogers Ignite 500 Internet,
- cold water,
- hot water tank rental,
- housing charge life insurance equal to one year’s rent
How do I Apply?
The application process for housing at Neilson Creek is somewhat detailed, but certainly worthwhile.
Once our waiting list is open, you can call the office at 416-282-3669 to register. All adults who will be living in the unit must register their names and attend the information session. Your name is then on the list.
We will give you details as to when and where the information session – that all adults must attend – will be held.
At the information session, they will discuss co-ops in general and Neilson Creek, in particular. You will be given an application form to take home, complete and return to the office with a $20 cheque or money order to process the application.
We conduct a credit check and landlord check and come to interview you in your own home.
Following that process, the application goes to the membership committee and board of directors who make a decision and you are informed by way of a letter.
At that time, all those who attended the information session and were approved go on the waiting list for the size of unit requested.
Then, you just wait for the call from Neilson Creek Co-op to be offered a unit.